BUZZARDS BAY, Mass – After a schedule change on Monday, the Buccaneers welcomed in the Becker College Hawks to Clean Harbors Stadium for a non-conference matchup. The Bucs held the Hawks, a team that averages 2.3 goals per game, to a 1-0 final score in favor of Becker.
Final: Hawks 1, Buccaneers 0
Records: Mass Maritime 1-10 (0-3 MASCAC)
Becker 7-5-2 (2-1 NECC)
For The Bucs
- Freshman Julia Quindley (Plymouth, Mass) had the only shot on target of the game for the Bucs. The only other shot of the night came from senior captain Emma McNally (Mashpee, Mass).
- Freshman goalkeeper Paige Albertson (Nantucket, Mass) faced 11 shots in the game. She made 10 saves and allowed the only goal of the night.
For The Hawks
- Senior Kyra Texeira (Old Lyme, Conn) scored the only goal of the night for Becker.
- Sophomore Kristen Beidleman (Holliston, Mass) was credited with the assist on the Texeira score.
- Freshman goalkeeper Olivia Sherwood (Southington, Conn) was challenged once in the game and made the save.
How It Happened
All of the action in this one took place in the first five minutes. In the fifth minute, Texeira received a pass from Beidleman just inside the 18 yard box, dribbled her defender and caught Albertson going the wrong way, rolling the ball in to the bottom right corner to put the Hawks up 1-0.
In the second half, the Bucs challenged on multiple occasions, getting the ball in to the final third and beginning to create chances. The only one they would see through was on Quindley's shot on target from right of net which was saved. The game finished, 1-0, in favor of Becker
The Buccaneers host Fitchburg State on Saturday, October 12th at 12pm at Clean Harbors Stadium.